Monday, June 24, 2024
Call For Legal Help: 0800 612 7211

Ask your internet law question

Tech abuse UK

Tech abuse UK

What to do if someone else is unlawfully controlling your access to electronic devices

If you believe that your email, your mobile telephone or your social media accounts have been hacked, or unlawfully accessed by someone you know, whether the person is your spouse, or someone that you live or stay with, it is likely that you are being subjected to technological abuse.

If you live in a house where you believe that you are being filmed continuously, if you do not have free access to the internet, to your mobile telephone, or to your email and if your activities are being supervised domestically, it is likely that you are a victim of tech abuse.

Tech abuse creates a vicious cycle and gives you very little scope to escape and change your life. You might be scared of the consequences of making a complaint to the police or of reporting the individual who is controlling you or your access to electronic devices.

In this case, you may pick any opportunity you have to call a specialist lawyer who has dealt with similar cases in the past and who is likely to be able to help you.